Statewide Racing Project
Skillinvest is delivering a new Statewide Racing Project for the thoroughbred Racing Industry
This 18-month project, designed specifically for the horse racing industry will place jobseekers into jobs throughout Victoria (excluding Ballarat Region). The project will address the shortage of labour to fulfill the demand due to growth in the industry.
Placing jobseekers in racing industry jobs
Benefits for participants in the program include:
- mentor support for the first 12 months of traineeship
- 12 months secure employment
- training in the 2 x mandatory units- linked to RV stable hand licensing requirements (delivered over two weeks prior to commencing with a stable)
- candidates are paid by Skillinvest while attending the pre-training course
- On-Job-Training will be conducted in an actual working racing stable and off-site workshops
- full time or part time vacancies available
- PPE covered to the value of $500, including clothing
- once employed in a stable, Skillinvest will regularly attend the workplace to support both the host employer and employee
- focus areas include Flemington, Cranbourne, Geelong, Warrnambool, Pakenham, Bendigo, Mornington but scope includes all of Victoria (excluding Ballarat region)
- Skillinvest staff are experienced racing people with a history of working in the Racing industry.
The goal outcome of this program is that participants will work as stablehands in the racing industry with scope to become trackriders.
Jobseekers will be selected from priority groups including women over 45 years; young people under 25 years; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Victorians; Victorians living with disability; people who are long-term unemployed; people seeking asylum and refugees; newly arrived migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds; veterans; people who have recently exited the justice system; people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds who face additional barriers to employment; public and social housing tenants; jobseekers registered with a Jobs Victoria Partner.
Want to learn more?
Contact our team at Skillinvest on 1300 135 008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Read media announcement here
This project is supported by the Victorian Government through Jobs Victoria, in partnership with Racing Victoria.