RGR20108 – Certificate II in Racing (Stablehand)
A stablehand is a person who is employed in a thoroughbred racing stable and whose prime function is to care for the animals and to meet their individual needs of feeding, grooming, exercising and transporting; as well as keeping the environment safe, clean and hygienic.
- Workplace / Flexible Delivery
How to Apply:
- By phone:
- Skillinvest Metro – 1300 135 008
- Skillinvest Regional – 1300 308 620
- Must be currently employed at a thoroughbred racing stable.
Fees and Charges
- Refer to the Fees & Charges link on the Skillinvest website (www.skillinvest.com.au).
- To meet the packaging rules and attain the qualification, students must successfully complete 13 units of competency made up of:
- 11 core units
- 2 elective units
- The nominal hours for the units selected must total between 398 and 498 hours.
- RGRCMN001A - Comply with the Rules of Racing and Related Protocols
- RGRCMN002A - Investigate Job Opportunities in Racing and Related Industries
- RGRCMN202A - Achieve Requirements for Industry Induction
- RGRCMN201A - Follow OHS Procedures and Observe Environmental Work Practices
- RGRPSH201A - Handle Horses
- RGRPSH202A - Assist with the Transportation of Horses
- RGRPSH207A - Perform Stable Duties
- RGRPSH208A - Attend Horses at Trackwork
- RGRPSH209A - Attend Horses at Race Meeting and Trials
- PUACOM001C - Communicate in the Workplace
- HLTFA301B - Apply First Aid
- RGRCMN003A - Manage Personal Health and Fitness
- BSBITU203A - Communicate Electronically