Apprentice Mechanic 1st - 4th Year
Applications Close:30 April
Skillinvest specialises in the employment, training and development of apprentices. Each apprentice employed by Skillinvest is allocated an Apprenticeship Consultant to assist them from day one till completion of their apprenticeship. Our mentoring program allows for support with all aspects of the apprenticeship to help provide you with the necessary skills to become qualified.
Skillinvest partners with many companies ranging in size and industries, some of these include national and international companies. Our partnerships allow us to look after your employment and development while you work onsite with our Host Employers. Our Host Employers in turn can then focus on using their time to train you in the skills required to master your skills as a mechanic.
Some of the skills you will be trained in and complete are:
- Express & Major Servicing
- Assist with diagnosis of vehicles.
- Repairing and fitting of wheels and tyres.
- Repair engines / replace engines
- Repair suspension / replace suspension
- Remove and fit parts.
- Provide professional customer service
- Cleaning within workshop.
- Other tasks as required
Your workplace skills will be accompanied with formal training. This training will assist you in completing your certificate 111 in automotive. Successful completion of both aspects will see you become a fully qualified mechanic.
What do we ask?
- Can do attitude and commitment to your apprenticeship.
- Commitment to work place safety and team work.
- Dedication to both worksite and formal training.
- A real passion and hunger for the industry and career opportunities.
What we will do for you:
- Provide you with an opportunity to start your career.
- Provide regular mentoring via face to face workplace visits.
- Assist with advice for day to day situations you may like clarification on.
- Weekly Pay and full entitlements.
- Provide basic PPE requirements relevant to your trade.
Please be advised only short-listed applicants will be contacted.