Carpentry Trainer and Assessor - Fulltime Position
Applications Close:26 Aug
- Competitive Salary Package
- Fully maintained vehicle
- 12 RDO’s per year
Skillinvest is a not for profit Group Training & Registered Training Organisation based in Dandenong delivering training in many Industry sectors.
Skillinvest’s Carpentry area is seeking a trainer and assessor to join our team in Dandenong to deliver training and assessment to a range of student cohorts, including but not limited to: Apprentices, VETiS students and Pre Apprentices. Delivery modes include both ‘classroom based’ and ‘on the job’ training models.
Examples of Key Responsibilities of this position will be:
- Deliver high level quality training to students
- Prepare for and deliver training and assessment services in accordance with Skillinvest’s RTO policies and procedures
- Adjust/Develop flexible teaching and learning strategies to assist students with barriers to learning e.g. low literacy levels or disabilities
- Manage student, employer or other client enquiries or complaints in a timely and effective manner ensuring a high level of customer service
- Maintain currency of knowledge in relevant Training Packages and vocational industry
- Be able to work and contribute to part of a team and autonomously as required
- Develop strong relationships with students, staff, schools and other stakeholders.
Our successful Applicant must have:
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in the carpentry industry
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (or equivalent)
- Carpentry Trade Qualification
- Current Employee Working with Children Check and Police Check
In return you will receive a competitive salary package.
You must have a strong customer focus and a willingness to work as part of a growing team, in a fast paced environment, enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with people new to the industry and the ability to create flexible assessment tools according to Workplace conditions and Training Package standards.
All applicants must address the selection criteria in the position description, which can be obtained by emailing email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 26th August 2018
Skillinvest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Organisation
To apply for this role, please press the 'apply now' button and submit your resume and cover letter.