Community VCAL Educator
Applications Close:3rd May
- Casual Position - approximately one day per week with the possibility of increasing up to three days per week
- Hourly rate (inclusive of loading) $41.31 - $46.96
Skillinvest is a not for profit Group Training & Registered Training Organisation based in Dandenong delivering training in many Industry sectors.
Skillinvest’s Community VCAL program provides participants with the opportunity to achieve their Foundation, Intermediate and Senior VCAL in a supported flexible learning environment. Trainers follow adult learning principles to develop and deliver hands on and engaging curriculum to support disengaged and disadvantaged young people in the South East Region.
Skillinvest seeks to employ a person who is passionate in assisting students to reach their educational potential.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent, or higher qualification in Adult Education
- An understanding of issues affecting a young person’s health and wellbeing
- Ability to develop strategies to engage and teach vulnerable young learners
- Ability to work within a complex and busy learning environment
- Highly developed communication skills, flexibility, demonstrated leadership and advanced team work skills
- Applicants must hold a national police check and employee Working with Children Check upon commencement.
For a copy of the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 3 May 2019.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications to be submitted via SEEK and must include a cover letter and resume.