Educator - Young Parents Education Program
Applications Close:26 April 2019
- 6 month Maximum Term Contract (May 2019 - November 2019)
- 3 days per week
- South East Region
- Salary: $65,528 - $74,494
The YPEP is a flexible and inclusive education setting for young parents to obtain an education that increases their capability to work and participate in the workforce, while decreasing welfare dependence and improve family functioning.
Educators develop and deliver hands on and engaging curriculum that meets the learning needs of vulnerable young people.
Students bring their babies (under 12 months old) to class where they are supported by the Educator and a Parent Support Worker.
Skillinvest is currently seeking a highly skilled Educator to work with young parents in the YPEP at the Dandenong site.
Key selection criteria:
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (TAE) or Equivalent Adult Education Qualification
- Current Working with Children Check and / or VIT Registration
- Current National Police Check
- Demonstrated skills in trauma informed practice
- Demonstrated experience in developing and co-designing curriculum particularly for Community VCAL
For a copy of the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Friday 26th April 2019.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications to be submitted via SEEK and must address the key selection criteria, including a cover letter and resume.