Job posted: April 7, 2021
Closing date: April 20, 2021
- Advancing apprenticeship wages, 9.5% Superannuation plus 4 weeks p/a annual leave
- A full time, 12 month placement that will provide formal on the job training
- Enjoy outdoor work
K & J Croser are a local family run farming business based near Horsham. The farm is made up of livestock and broad acre where they use up to date agricultural technology gaining high yields.
- Cultivate soil, sow crops and control weeds by slashing, rotary hoeing, or chemical spraying
- Take part in harvesting operations which may involve the use of tractors, harvesters, forklifts and hand tools with appropriate training and licences, as required.
- Feed livestock
- Perform other tasks involved with breeding and raising of livestock, such as shearing, dipping, branding, crutching, gelding, marking, and assisting with artificial insemination
- Ride motorbikes to muster sheep
- Maintain and repair farm buildings, bores, fences, machinery, troughs, windmills, and other equipment
Skills and Experience
- An interest in both cropping and livestock
- Keen and eager to learn all aspects of the agricultural industry
- Physically fit and enjoy practical outdoor work
- Honest, reliable, and responsible
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Driver's License is desirable
What's on Offer
The traineeship is a great opportunity to "earn while you learn" by combining full-time on-farm employment with on the job training, and off the job training (study blocks) at Longerenong College.
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Wide variety of work, opportunity to expand skillset with qualifications and on the job training.
- Mixed farming
- Weekly Pay
- Qualified with a Certificate 3 in Agriculture the end of the traineeship
Does this sounds like you? APPLY NOW or contact Shane Cross on 0418 564 890 for a confidential discussion. www.skillinvest.com.au
Applications close by 5pm, Tuesday 20th April 2021
TO APPLY: Written applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by clicking apply now.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference: 200000514_1617796570
Consultant Email: email@example.com
Job Types: Permanent
Job Locations: Horsham
Job Industries: Agriculture Fishing and Forestry
Job Skills: Agricultural Farm Hand Traineeship