Job posted: June 15, 2021
Closing date: June 29, 2021
ATFT Parklands are a local family run farming business based near Nhill/Kaniva. Running a livestock and broad acre farm they use up to date agricultural technology with tried-and-true methods for best results.
|· Cultivate soil, sow crops and control weeds by slashing, rotary hoeing, or chemical spraying
· Take part in harvesting operations which may involve the use of tractors, harvesters, forklifts and hand tools with appropriate training and licences, as required.
· Feed livestock
· Perform other tasks involved with breeding and raising of livestock, such as shearing, dipping, branding, crutching, gelding, marking, and assisting with artificial insemination
· Ride motorbikes to muster sheep
· Maintain and repair farm buildings, bores, fences, machinery, troughs, windmills, and other equipment
Skills and Experience
- An interest in both cropping and livestock
- Keen and eager to learn all aspects of the agricultural industry
- Physically fit and enjoy practical outdoor work
- Honest, reliable, and responsible
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Driver's License is desirable
What's on Offer
- Enjoy working outdoors
- Wide variety of work, opportunity to expand skillset with qualifications and on the job training.
- On-site accommodation available during busy times
- Mixed farming
- Weekly Pay
- Qualified with a Certificate 3 in Agriculture the end of the traineeship
Does this sounds like you? Click APPLY NOW or contact Chris Barber on 0427 346 655 for a confidential discussion. www.skillinvest.com.au/jobs
Applications close by 5pm, Tuesday 29th June 2021.
TO APPLY: Written applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by clicking apply now.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference: 200000718_1622600989
Consultant Email: email@example.com
Job Types: Permanent
Job Locations: Nhill
Job Industries: Agriculture Fishing and Forestry
Job Skills: Agricultural Farm Hand Traineeship