Community VCAL Educator
Job posted: October 2, 2019
Closing date: October 30, 2019
Community VCAL Educator
An excellent opportunity exists for two experienced VCAL Educators to join a progressive and innovative not-for-profit organisation. Skillinvest's Community VCAL program provides students with the opportunity to achieve their Intermediate and/or Senior VCAL in a supported and flexible learning environment. Educators follow best practice principles to develop and deliver inclusive, hands-on and engaging curriculum to support disengaged and disadvantaged young people in the South East Region.
- 12 month Contract Positions with potential to convert to ongoing
- (0.6) Three days per week, Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Salary range - $65,528 - $74,494 (pro-rata) plus 11% superannuation
Key Responsibilities include:
- Curriculum development and delivery (including assessment requirements) of programs that meet VCAA compliance guidelines
- Providing high-quality educational services that effectively engage young people and support the delivery of curriculum outcomes
- Establishing and effectively managing curriculum structures, processes and protocols associated with the daily operation of the Community VCAL program
- Maintaining a productive, collaborative team environment and positive representation and promotion of Skillinvest
- Maintaining a safe and positive learning environment for students
Key Selection Criteria:
- Current Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent, or higher qualification in Adult Education
- Teaching qualifications and VIT registration or PTT registration (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge and experience in delivering VCAL, including a demonstrated understanding of the barriers faced by young people with learning and access needs
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to work closely and demonstrate empathy with students and parent/guardians while demonstrating tolerance and professionalism in all interactions
- An understanding of issues affecting a young person's health and well-being
- Knowledge of Disability Standards for Education and teaching students with additional needs or willingness to complete PD in this area
- Knowledge of trauma-informed practice is desirable
- Monitor, evaluate and report on student progress in key learning areas and implement strategies to support students to achieve their learning outcomes
- Encourage student participation throughout the course
- Keep accurate attendance, progress and assessment records for all students throughout the year
- Develop and implement strategies to assist students with barriers to attendance
- Ensure all delivery methods are engaging for a diverse range of learning styles
- Effectively facilitate and manage an inclusive classroom environment
- Demonstrate professional standards of presentation, reliability and punctuality
Applicants must hold a current National Police Check and current Employee Working with Children Check (or VIT registration) upon commencement.
For a copy of the position description, please email email@example.com
For further information, please contact Amanda Galea - Training Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 0414 808 366.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications to be submitted via SEEK and must include a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria and Resume
Applications close Friday 15th November 2019.
TO APPLY: Written applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by clicking apply now.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference: 200000109_1569999853
Consultant Email: email@example.com
Job Types: Contract
Job Locations: Dandenong
Job Industries: Education and Training
Job Skills: VCAL Trainer Teacher