Location: Dandenong South
Job posted: September 4, 2019
Closing date: September 25, 2019
Engineering (Fabrication) Apprentice
Skillinvest specialises in the employment, training and development of apprentices. Each apprentice employed by Skillinvest is allocated an Apprenticeship Consultant to assist them from day one till completion of their apprenticeship. Our mentoring program allows for support with all aspects of the apprenticeship to help provide you with the necessary skills to become qualified.
Skillinvest partners with many companies ranging in size and industries across Australia. Our partnerships allow us to look after your employment and development while you work onsite with our Host Employers. Our Host Employers in turn can then focus on using their time to train you in the skills required to master your trade. Our Host Employers range from small business to large National and International Host Employers.
Some of the skills you will be trained in and complete are:
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to determine job, material and equipment requirements
- Fabrication of steel components
- Use of mig welder, folder and various machinery for fabrication
- Set up and/or operate hand and machine tools, welding equipment
- Check accuracy and quality of finished parts, tools or subassemblies
Your workplace skills will be accompanied with a mix of onsite and offsite formal training completing your certificate 111 in Engineering (fabrication). Combined the formal and workplace skills will see you complete your apprenticeship in 3 to 4 years pending your skill development rate and completion of formal training.
What do we ask?
- Can do attitude and commitment to your apprenticeship.
- Commitment to work place safety and team work.
- Dedication to both worksite and formal training.
- A real passion and hunger for the industry and career opportunities.
What we will do for you:
- Provide you with an opportunity to start your career.
- Provide regular mentoring via face to face workplace visits.
- Assist with advice for day to day situations you may like clarification on.
- Weekly Pay and full entitlements.
- Provide basic PPE requirements relevant to your trade.
If the above sounds like the perfect opportunity for you please click apply now or email your resume and cover letter advising of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for this position you must be a Permanent Resident or Australian citizen.
For further information, please contact Tyson Sinclair on 1300 135 008.
Please be advised only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Skillinvest is an Equal Employment Opportunity organisation
TO APPLY: Written applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by clicking apply now.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference: 200000060_1567567544
Consultant Email: email@example.com
Job Types: Permanent
Job Locations: Dandenong South
Job Industries: Engineering
Job Skills: welding Engineering