Farm Hand Traineeship
Job posted: April 6, 2021
Closing date: May 4, 2021
Farm Hand Traineeship
- Advancing apprenticeship wages, 9.5% Superannuation plus 4 weeks p/a annual leave
- A full time, 12 month placement that will provide formal on the job training
- Enjoy working outdoors
Smith Family Trust is a local family run farming business based near Rainbow. Using up to date agricultural technology to produce the best yields possible, this excellent opportunity to grow and learn with this business is one not to be missed.
· Cultivate soil, sow crops and control weeds by slashing, rotary hoeing, or chemical spraying
· Plant ground crops between rows of trees and bushes to control weeds and soil temperatures
· Take part in harvesting operations which may involve the use of tractors, harvesters, forklifts and hand tools with appropriate training and licences, as required.
· Feed livestock
· Perform other tasks involved with breeding and raising of livestock, such as shearing, dipping, branding, crutching, gelding, marking, and assisting with artificial insemination
· Ride motorbikes to muster sheep
· Maintain and repair farm buildings, bores, fences, machinery, troughs, windmills, and other equipment
Skills and Experience
- An interest in both cropping and livestock
- Keen and eager to learn all aspects of the agricultural industry
- Physically fit and enjoy practical outdoor work
- Honest, reliable, and responsible
- Self-motivated with the ability to use initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Driver's License is desirable
What's on Offer
- Work with a forward thinking business
- Wide variety of work, opportunity to expand skillset with qualifications and on the job training.
- On-site accommodation available during busy times
- Mixed farming
- Weekly Pay
- Qualified with a Certificate 3 in Agriculture the end of the traineeship
Does this sounds like you? Click APPLY NOW or more information contact Chris Barber on 0427 346 655 for a confidential discussion. www.skillinvest.com.au/jobs
Applications close by 5pm, Tuesday 20th April 2021.
TO APPLY: Written applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by clicking apply now.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference: 200000367_1617669668
Consultant Email: email@example.com
Job Types: Permanent
Job Locations: Rainbow
Job Industries: Agriculture Fishing and Forestry
Job Skills: Farm Hand