Job posted: October 2, 2019
Closing date: October 30, 2019
Skillinvest are seeking applicants from the North West region. We are looking for people to begin or continue their apprenticeship in horticulture at a prominent secondary school. The successful candidates will work full time whilst completing a nationally recognised qualification.
- Drivers Licence preferred.
- Pre-Apprenticeship course in horticulture.
- Enthusiastic Attitude.
- Ability to undertake physical work.
- Strong commitment.
- Willing to undertake a working with childrens check .
- Willing to undertake a criminal history check.
About the Role:
As a first year Apprentice, you will form part of our maintenance team to maintain our school grounds with a qualified horticulturalist.
- Maintaining school grounds.
- Ground maintenance including: mowing, pruning, edging, weeding, leaf, and rubbish removal.
- Use of hand tools; back pack blowers, hedgers, brush cutters, push and ride on mowers.
- Treatment of weeds, pests, and diseases.
- Planting trees, shrubs and annuals.
- Turf laying.
We offer you:
- Tool Allowance per the award
- We provide your Safety Equipment
- We supply your Uniforms
- We ensure you get the right pay
This Apprenticeship will allow you to gain a Certificate III in Horticulture. This is a nationally recognized qualification and is an entry level position suitable for candidates who have not yet completed a Certificate III qualification or higher.
All wages are paid as per the relevant Award.
For more information please contact Tyson Sinclair on 1300 135 008.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
TO APPLY: Written applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by clicking apply now.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference: 200000085_1569975586
Consultant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Permanent
Job Locations: Essendon
Job Industries: Trade and Services
Job Skills: landscaping garden maintenance