Job posted: July 30, 2020
Closing date: August 24, 2020
- Full Time ongoing position (Part Time 0.8 considered)
- 4.1 - 4.3 $87,573 - $93,271
Skillinvest is a not for profit Group Training & Registered Training Organisation based in Dandenong delivering training in many industry sectors.
This role requires a skilled and motivated VCAL Coordinator who is passionate about providing education and training to vulnerable youth and has sound understanding and skills to support youth in achieving pathways to success.
In addition to coordinating VCAL programs, this position has a strong networking role within the region to foster ongoing relationships with schools and community.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the VCAL Team by providing leadership, support and coaching to ensure best practice in an educational setting
- Promoting an inclusive and stimulating classroom environment to encourage independent learning, delivering activities that are innovative and relevant to the students' interests and needs.
- Identifying students at risk of disengaging or at risk of non-completion and providing support as appropriate
- Overseeing, monitoring and reviewing Skillinvest's policies, procedures and curriculum related to VCAL programs
- Developing Memorandums of Understanding with Secondary schools
The successful applicant must have:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent
- Prior experience working within VCAL programs
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable youth
- Knowledge and practical application of Trauma Informed Practice
- Current Working with Children Check
- Current National Police Check
- VIT Registration - desirable but not essential
For a copy of the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications to be submitted via SEEK and must include a cover letter and resume.
For further details, please contact Amanda Galea, Training Manager via email : email@example.com
Applications close Monday 24th August 2020.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer.
TO APPLY: Written applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by clicking apply now.
Skillinvest is an equal opportunity employer
Job Reference: 200000289_1596087678
Consultant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Types: Permanent
Job Locations: Dandenong
Job Industries: Education and Training