Water Operator Trainee - Water System
Applications Close:1 Feb
- Kick start your career in the industry of the future
- Trainee wages apply.
- Melton (Toolern Vale) location
Skillinvest in conjunction with our valued host Western Water is seeking to employ an enthusiastic individual who is keen to learn. Over the 18 month traineeship, you will obtain a Nationally Accredited qualification in the Certificate III in Water Treatment Operations. This role will involve training to assist in the maintenance and operations of water treatment assets with the aim of providing quality, reliable, safe and efficient drinking water to Western Water customers whilst meeting regulatory guidelines. This opportunity will provide you with a combination of technical skills on advanced water treatment systems, and will include out-doors manual work and use of computerised systems that controls treatment processes.
The skills you will require include:
- An interest in developing a career within the water industry.
- OH&S awareness.
- A proactive attitude with the ability to think on your feet.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to take and follow specific instructions.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office.
The skills you will learn include:
- To prioritise and balance conflicting priorities and work to meet critical timelines within Western Water's established guidelines and procedures.
- Make decisions to ensure allocated tasks are completed with optimum quality, efficiency and safety.
- Capacity to take advantage of opportunities to continuously improve processes.
This role is suitable for school leavers or those willing to take on an entry level role.
Applicants with a Certificate IV, Diploma or Degree are not eligible to apply.
National training wage applies.
To be eligible for this position you must either be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.